Safety Shut-off Valve
Series No. U1-45
Heat Actuated Safety Shut-off Valves are specifically designed for installation in the withdrawal lines of flammable or combustible liquid storage tanks. The valves are normally held in the fully open position by a heat-activated element mechanism. In the event of exposure to an external fire source, the element is activated and the valve is closed securely by an internal spring. The flow of liquid through the withdrawal line is stopped.
- Easy-to-install, well proven, functional design minimizes the need for inspection, maintenance or repair operations.
- Heat-activated element mechanism holds the valve in the fully open position. In the event of exposure to an external fire source, the element is activated and valve is closed securely by an external spring. The flow of liquid through the withdrawal line is stopped. Click Here for typical valve installation and technique.
- Factory tested for positive sealing at the seat, integrity of the casting and all sealed joints. Rated for 200 PSIG operating pressure.
- Replaceable elements are provided with nominal temperature ratings of 155⁰F or 200⁰F; replaced without the need for special tools or equipment.
- Sizes: ½”, ¾”, 1”, 1 ½” and 2” NPT threaded connections
- Materials: Cast bronze components; stainless steel bellows and spring, sealing disks, TFE or Buna-N
- Test Lab Listings: Approved by Factory Mutual (FM) in all sizes.
- Industry Regs: Meets OSHA 1910.106(b)(4)(iv)(c) and 1926.152(i)(4)(iv)(c) Code Requirements