Emergency Pressure and Vacuum Relief VentSeries No. 52600
Emergency Pressure and Vacuum Relief Vents provide emergency relief when installed on the manhole opening of a storage tank. In emergency situations (external fire involvement of the tank), normal venting devices may be too small to prevent over-pressurization of the tank. The device provides the necessary pressure relief capacity to maintain the tank in a safe operating range. Spring-loaded vacuum pallet assembly allows flow of make-up air into tank’s vapor space to relieve negative pressure.
- OPTIMIZED PERFORMANCE VENT – PDF
- Certified test report verifying specified settings and leakage performance
- “Air-cushion” pallet design for low leakage performance of no more than 1 SCFH at 90% of the set pressure
- Peripheral pallet assembly guides and center pallet stem guide ensure proper alignment of pressure pallet assembly on the seat and smooth lifting and reseating action
- Serialized unit and associated weights for easy identification and traceability
- Flow at fully open pressure marked on unit [OSHA 1910.106(b)(2)(v)]
- Sizes: 16” (DN 400) through 24” (DN 600)
- Flange Connections: Mates with applicable ANSI, API flange or DIN 16 PN connections
- Materials: Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel
- Testing & Certifications: Conforms with the latest ATEX Directive
- Standard Setting Range*: Pressure: 0.75 – 6 oz/in2 | 3.23 – 25.86 mbar
- Standard Setting Range*: Vacuum: 0.5 – 0.75 oz/in2 | 2.15 – 3.23 mbar
*Settings vary by size
- Flange Connections: Other drilling patterns available upon request
- Diaphragm Materials: FEP, Viton®, Buna N, EPDM, and Neoprene; other materials available upon request
- *Settings: Non-standard setting available
- Special Coatings: PROSHIELD™, FEP and Kynar®
- Instrumentation: Mechanical or electronic lift indicator
- Material certifications for flange and seat
- PURE-TECH™ Design – Special cleaning and packaging for the storage of ultrapure liquids
Viton® is a Registered Trademark of E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., Inc.
Kynar® is a Registered Trademark of Arkema, Inc.