End-of-Line Deflagration Flame ArresterSeries No. 670 / 6670
Gas Groups: D | IIA
Protectoseal Series No. 670 / 6670 End-of-Line Deflagration Flame Arrester is installed where it is not necessary to conserve vapors but where low flash point liquids must be protected against fire and explosion from exterior sources of ignition. The flame arrester is mounted on the end of a vent pipe from the tank. Vapors are allowed to escape into the atmosphere and air can be drawn into the tank through the specially designed flame arrester grid assembly. If an ignition source outside the tank (unconfined deflagration) is encountered, the flame arrester provides protection for the tank’s vapor space.
- Parallel plate element design provides significant mechanical strength while minimizing pressure drop
- Weatherhood protects against environmental conditions.
- Automatic condensate drainage mitigates freezing and clogging
- Sizes: 1” through 4”
- Connections: FNPT, ANSI and DIN PN 16
- Materials: Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Gas Groups: NEC Group D | IEC Explosion Group IIA
- Testing & Certifications: UL Listed in 1” and 2” sizes; For arresters that meet the latest ATEX Directive, ISO 16852 refer to Series 670E
- Materials certifications for castings