Spring-Loaded Emergency Pressure Relief Vents54000
Protectoseal Series 54000 Spring Loaded Emergency Pressure Vents provide emergency pressure relief for storage tanks as well as access for tank cleaning, inspection and repair work. They are designed for installation on the manhole openings of tanks and provide a means of relieving large volumes of vapors, beyond the capacity of a normal operating vent, if an emergency fire involvement of the tank should occur.
Even tanks with high design ratings require protection from excessive pressure accumulation in their vapor space. With the set pressures allowed by a spring loaded design, the vents can remain closed at higher pressures and are allowed to open only when the tank structure may be in jeopardy. Vapors can then be relieved to maintain the tank within its design parameters.
- Certified test report verifying specified settings and leakage performance
- Spring-loaded pallet for use on higher working pressure tanks
- Flow at fully open pressure marked on unit [OSHA 1910.106(b)(3)(v)]
- Sizes: 16” (DN 400) through 24” (DN 600)
- Flange Connections: Mates with applicable ANSI, API flange or DIN 16 PN connections
- Materials: Steel and Stainless
- Standard Setting Range*: Pressure: 1 – 11 PSIG | 68.95 – 758.42 mbar
*Settings vary by size
- Flange Connections: other drilling patterns available upon request
- Diaphragm Materials: FEP, Viton®, Buna N, EPDM, Neoprene; other materials available upon request
- Special Coatings: PROSHIELD™, FEP and Kynar®
Viton® is a Registered Trademark of E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., Inc.
Kynar® is a Registered Trademark of Arkema, Inc.