In-line Unstable Detonation Flame ArrestersUEA Series
Gas Groups: D | IIA & IIA1
The Protectoseal UEA Series In-line Unstable Detonation Flame Arresters are designed to prevent the propagation of gas or vapor explosions in pipelines under the most severe condition of unstable detonation. This type of arrester is specified for use in pipeline systems where the distance between the source of ignition and arrester is significant and/ or where detonations are also possible due to pipe roughness, bends, section changes and obstructions.
- Suitable for unstable detonation, stable detonation, and deflagration
- High Energy Dissipation System (HEDS™) improves efficiency
- E-Flow™ technology provides exceptional flow with minimal pressure loss
- Eccentric design prevents condensate build-up
- Sizes: 1” (25mm) through 16” (400mm)
- Connections: ANSI 150 Flange
- Maximum Initial Pressure: 15.95 – 17.4 PSIA (1.1 – 1.2 bara)
- Maximum Initial Temperature: 140⁰ F (60⁰ C)
- Housing Configuration: Eccentric
- Reducer/Element Housing Materials: Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel
- Element Material: 316 Stainless Steel
- Gas Groups: D | IIA & IIA1
- Testing & Certifications: EN ISO 16852 and approved to ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU.
- Short time burn*
- Alternative connections available
- Additional materials available
- Offshore Paint and Coating**
- Others on Request
- NACE conformance (all wetted parts)
* Protection for up to 2 minutes (any secondary protection measure must be implemented within 60 seconds of detection of a short time burn event)
**Adds a protective layer to the flame arrester. Primarily employed in offshore platform applications.